Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Produce Savings

Want to save some money on the produce you buy at the grocery store? Grow your own! If you've got some soil somewhere around your yard (or even if you just have a window box), you can plant your own garden. Choose fruits and vegetables that can grow in your area to ensure that you will be successful (growing mangos in New England is probably not a good idea...). I'm relatively new to the gardening thing but the fruits and vegetable seeds I planted a few weeks ago are starting to sprout in my kitchen. I'll be planting them outside after April 10 (the date recommended to plant plants in my area to avoid frost killing my sprouts).


Got any other gardening tips? Comment on this post! Us budding gardeners could reap the rewards from your advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment