Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Cheapskate Next Door

I was puttering around on the library catalog the other day and came upon this book, The Cheapskate Next Door by Jeff Yeager. He wrote a previous book, The Ultimate Cheapskate's Road Map to True Riches, which I now intend to read as well. I haven't finished reading his most current book yet but I can tell you that it's filled with tons of information. Some of the information I already have posted here however there were some new things that I hadn't even thought of that he presents a great case for in his book.

He offers many tips and tricks as well as websites that will help you to comfortably and happily live below your means. What I love the most about this book is that its entertaining to read in addition to its educational value. I also love how he offers suggestions on how to live debt-free and pay off the big ticket items like your mortgage, student loans, etc. The mindset that he presents in this book really made me think about how I spend money and time on a daily basis. While David is on his next underway, I am going to try to take Yeager's "money fast" challenge and not spend any money during a given week. (I'll let you know how I come out) I definitely recommend this book to add to your summer reading list. I have every intention of picking up his first book after I finish this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment