Monday, April 25, 2011

Go a Little Green

I decided lately that I'm going to try to go more Green. Now, I'm not going all-out tree hugger green where I don't buy toilet paper and live out of a tree kind of green. I'm making an effort to try to create less of a footprint by myself and my household. As a result, I've determined that I'm not only saving the Earth, but I'm saving some "green" as well.

First, I have stopped buying plastic sandwhich bags. Why? I can use plastic sandwhich tupperware and other small storage containers to put snacks and things in for my husband's lunches and for my son's snacks. Not only am I going Green but I'm also saving a small fortune on plastic baggies...

Second, I've decided to use cloth diapers on my second child. I have yet to do this since I'm still waiting for the little guy to make an appearance but I'm going to save a ton of money just by the shear fact that I don't have to buy diapers for 2 kids! I have made an investment here on diapers and won't ever have to buy anymore since I can reuse them over and over again. I've been doing a lot of research and cloth diapers of the past (pins and weird folds, etc) are a thing of the past. There are ways to make it as convenient as disposables so I don't feel inconvenienced right now. I will have to do a ton of laundry anyway since I'll have a newborn and a toddler who loves to roll in the grass/yard...

Well, that's about it for now. I hope to try to go Green a bit more but like I said, I'm not willing to go all Tarzan and Jane to do it. I am finding that every little bit helps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment